Summer thunderstorms will bring heavy wind and rain and a little preparation can go a long way to help protect your property.
- Cut down tree limbs that could fall on your home or vehicles.
- Remove debris from gutters and consider gutter extensions as necessary to prevent erosion and water damage.
- Bring in children’s toys and patio equipment that could become flying objects during a thunderstorm.
- Consider a generator for backup power so food doesn’t spoil and you can keep your electronic devices charged up.
- Use surge protectors for sensitive electronic equipment and replace them every few years.