Whenever you experience fire damage it is a life threatening and altering event for you and your family. Oftentimes the house can’t be lived in until the fire and smoke damage has been professionally remediated. Below are some frequently asked questions regarding fire and smoke damage restoration and repair.
1. What is a damage restoration company?
-A damage restoration company is a specialty contractor that specializes in water, mold, fire, smoke, soot & odor damage restoration. If your contractor can’t show you their IICRC Certification License then they are NOT a certified damage restoration company. If you experience fire or smoke damage make sure that your contractor is properly trained and licensed to do fire and smoke damage restoration. If they haven’t spent the time and money to get certified that should be a red flag! Your insurance company will not pay twice to have the work done if you don’t hire a reputable company the first time.
2. What is the governing body for a damage restoration company?
-The IICRC is the Institution of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification and is the governing body for damage restoration companies and certifications. AfterCare Restoration is a Certified Firm by the IICRC for Water, Mold, Fire & Smoke & Odor damage restoration.
Recent Fire Damage Restoration Project in Warrington PA
3. What does a damage restoration company do for fire damage restoration repair?
- 24/7 Fire Board Up and securing of property (if required)
- Access fire damage and thoroughly document with photos, measurements and notes for insurance adjuster.
- Communicate our plan with the property owner and insurance company and provide detailed estimates for customer and insurance adjuster.
- Content pack out and cleaning
- Water extraction and structural drying as required
- Demolition and removal of debris
- Structural Deep cleaning to remove smoke, soot and odor and sealing with dry ice blasting
- Communicate our reconstruction repair estimate with the property owner and insurance company.
- Complete reconstruction and repairs
- Final walk through with property owner and insurance adjuster
4. Will my insurance company pay for lodging after fire damage to my house?
-Most homeowners insurance policies provide for temporary lodging for one year from the date of the event.
5. Does AfterCare Restoration provide both fire damage mitigation and reconstruction services?
-Yes. We are a full service damage restoration company so we provide both fire damage mitigation and complete reconstruction and repair services. We regularly repair and rebuild entire homes after fire and smoke damage restoration.
6. Do I need a public adjuster for fire damage restoration and repair?
-No if you don’t have a public adjuster, we work with customers on their behalf and submit estimates to get approved by their insurance company. We have great relationships with adjusters from insurance companies both local and national companies.
7. What if I already have a public adjuster for my fire damage repair?
-If you already have a public adjuster that is fine as we work with customers that have public adjusters on a regular basis.
8. Are you able to get the smell of smoke out of furniture or rugs?
-Many times we are able to get smoke odor out of furniture as we have an ozone chamber in our warehouse. This is a specially built room that is airtight where we place furniture and along with a special machine called an ozone generator which releases artificial ozone gas that attaches to pollutants and alters their chemical composition.
Aftercare Restoration is a local, veteran-owned emergency damage restoration company offering 24/7 fire restoration services, including fire board-up, demo, structural cleaning, odor removal, and complete rebuild and reconstruction service. We’re committed to earning your trust and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
Because of our expertise and reputation for 5-star customer service, AfterCare Restoration is the leader in fire damage restoration and smoke soot damage restoration in Lehigh, Northampton, Bucks, and Montgomery Counties. AfterCare Restoration is a Certified Firm by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the leading training and certification agency in the disaster restoration industry.
AfterCare Restoration is available for fire restoration in and around the following communities:
Call 24/7 AfterCare Restoration 215.515.1000
- Allentown, PA
- Ambler, PA
- Audubon, PA
- Blue Bell, PA
- Collegeville, PA
- Doylestown, PA
- King Of Prussia, PA
- Lansdale, PA
- Macungie, PA
- New Hope, PA
- Newtown, PA
- North Wales, PA
- Pennsburg, PA
- Perkasie, PA
- Plymouth Meeting, PA
- Quakertown, PA
- Schwenksville, PA
- Skippack, PA
- Warminster, PA
- Wayne, PA